This Banana and Blueberry Raita is delicious, naturally sweet, fresh fruit meal chock-full with amazing health benefits for your little one; suitable for babies from 7 months +.
Yogurt is calcium-rich and probiotic, necessary for a healthy gut and immune system. The potassium (found in bananas) works efficiently to aid calcium absorption, leading to strong teeth and bones for baby.
The blueberries add an extra boost of vitamin C (for healthy immune system) and vitamin K (for healing cuts and grazes), and the ginger is wonderful for digestion.
- 1 banana – peeled, sliced
- Handful of blueberries – fresh, washed, halved
- 2-3 tbsp plain unsweetened yogurt
- Sprinkle of ground ginger
- Place the banana and blueberries in a bowl, spoon in the yogurt and sprinkle over the ginger.
- Mash the fruit with a spoon to create soft lumps for baby, and stir. The yogurt will change colour from white to a very subtle shade of purple courtesy of the blueberries.
- Serve to baby as a dessert, or a healthy between meals snack.
Latest posts by Green Child Magazine (see all)
- Motherlove Herbal Giveaway for New & Expecting Moms - May 7, 2017
- Blistered Eggplant with Tomatoes, Olives, & Feta - May 3, 2017
- Pampering Essential Oil Giveaway - April 12, 2017