IN THIS ISSUE: Natural Discipline for the Older Child | Free Range Summers | Farm Fresh Recipes | Fun in the Sun | More…
Chocolate Orange Bread
Chocolate Orange Bread Recipe
Whether you’re giving it as an edible gift, bringing to a holiday gathering, or just looking for a delicious dessert, you can’t go wrong with chocolate orange bread.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- The zest of one orange
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup candied orange peel, mined.
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla and the orange zest.
- Alternate between adding the buttermilk and the dry ingredients, mixing just to combine.
- Fold in the candied orange peel and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 55 – 60 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Package your loaves up using brown paper and string, twine or jute. Make sure to label any allergen ingredients.
Makes one loaf – serves 8-10
This entry was posted in Desserts
, Food & Recipes
and tagged recipes
©2013 Fresh Green Media, LLC. All rights reserved.