Fall Pumpkin Spiced Cookies & Rice Milk
Freshly baked cookies make a house feel like a home during the holidays. And these Fall Pumpkin Spiced Cookies make great edible gifts! Just by looking around your house, you can find various containers to reuse for gifting them.
The pumpkin cookies shown in the photos this page are in a repurposed fruit container. They are delicious, soft and a perfect fall treat.
Fall Pumpkin Spiced Cookies & Rice Milk Recipe
Courtesy: Anni Daulter, The Organic Family Cookbook
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned plain pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup raw agave nectar
- ½ cup pure cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- organic confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the vanilla, pumpkin puree, butter, agave and sugar. Mix well. Add the eggs, one at a time, then add the oil and blend together until smooth.
- Slowly add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture until you create a nice soft dough.
- Begin to roll out dough on a floured surface to about ¼ inch thick and
- either use cookie cutters, like perhaps a fall leaf, or drop into ball shapes, and flatten to ¼ thick on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until light golden brown. They should be chewy on the inside. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve with rice milk.
Yields 12-15 cookies.
A regular contributor to Green Child Magazine and author of Sacred Pregnancy and The Organic Family Cookbook, Anni Daulter is a Conscious Family Living lifestyle expert, professional cook, advocate of sustainable living and author of six books.
This entry was posted in Desserts
, Food & Recipes
and tagged recipes
©2013 Fresh Green Media, LLC. All rights reserved.