This avocado salad makes an easy addition to dinner or the perfect lunch recipe that is ready in minutes. This quick salad recipe is packed full of flavor and protein.
Avocado Salad with Gluten-Free Cheesy Croutons
- 4 cups organic mixed salad greens (baby spinach, arugula)
- 2 medium ripe avocados peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup whole raw almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 ½ Tbsp. vegan parmesan cheese Go Veggie! brand
- 6 slices gluten-free bread cut into cubes
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss bread with olive oil, Parmesan cheese, sea salt, pepper and thyme. Place on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, whisk dressing ingredients: lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine mixed salad greens, avocados, almonds and cranberries. Toss with lemon juice dressing to coat. Add vegan parmesan cheese and serve with baked croutons.