There’s nothing like a warm, nourishing bowl of soup. Maybe it reminds us of coming in after a long afternoon of playing in the snow–that warm feeling spreading from the inside out. Or perhaps we equate it with the love and care our parents gave us when we were feeling under the weather.
Your memories of the healing, soul-satisfying power of soup can be passed along to your children this holiday season… and you can introduce new ways to try a variety of veggies.
- 2 Cans Black Beans
- 3 Cups Broth Chicken of Vegetable
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 2 Roasted Red Peppers chopped
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil or Butter
- Put chopped onions, garlic & peppers in a sauté pan with a tbs of butter or olive oil. Sauté until translucent.
- While onions are cooking combine, beans, broth and seasonings in a pot. Bring to a boil and then turn down to low and let simmer.
- Add in cooked onions, garlic & peppers. Add in the cilantro and taste test. Add salt and/or pepper if desired.
- Stir and let simmer for about 15 minutes.