Conventional disposable menstrual products can contain plastics, artificial fragrances, adhesives, and chemical gels – things you don’t want next to one of the most sensitive parts of your body!
Throughout much of the last decade, the Green Child mamas have chosen reusable menstrual products. Once you’ve cloth diapered a baby, the idea of cloth pads for your own cycle becomes way less daunting. And when it comes to menstrual cups, Amanda (and our friend Kim) had so much to say, they started a blog about them.
We’re extremely motivated by the health benefits of using nontoxic period products, but lessening the impact on the planet is a worthwhile side benefit. The average woman will use 12,000+ disposable pads, party-liners, and tampons in her lifetime. And typically when you’re creating less waste, you’re also spending less money.
One of our favorite brands and experts on cloth pads is GladRags. They’ve shared the benefits and a ton of how-to info on cloth pads for our readers before, and now they’re back with a fantastic giveaway.
For those of us with heavier cycles, the XO Flo menstrual cup kit is a must-have. An $85 retail value, this kit has everything you need to make your cycle healthier and more sustainable.
The GladRags XO Flo Kit contains:
1 XO Flo menstrual cup with cotton carry pouch (assorted colors)
1 GladRags Carry Bag
1 Mesh Laundry Bag
1 Buncha Farmers Stain Remover
Why You’ll LOVE the XO Flo
- XO Flo holds more fluid (38 ml) than most other cups due to its rounded shape and high, slanted release holes.
- Soft beaded stem is designed to be both trimmable and super comfortable when left untrimmed.
- Patent-pending inner support rings help pop open once inserted—no need for a thick, uncomfortable rim like other cups. Support rings also ensure easy removal.
- XO Flo is made in USA with smooth, flexible medical-grade silicone.
Enter for Your Chance to Win!
Enter via the form below. Giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada.
Latest posts by Green Child Magazine (see all)
- Pique Herbal Cinnamon Fasting Tea Review - August 13, 2019
- What to Avoid in Personal Lubricant + A Certified Organic Solution: Coconu - August 12, 2019
- Kids Who Spend More Time in Nature Become Happier Adults, Study Confirms - July 30, 2019