This is a great way to use leftover apples and its absolutely delicious aromas during the cooking process fill the house! Try different varieties of apples mixed together to create a very flavorable applesauce.
Slow Cooker Applesauce
- 5 lbs. apples preferably mixed varieties
- 1/2 cup water
- sugar to taste
- cinnamon to taste, optional
- Peel, seed, and chop apples. Place in slow cooker with water.
- Cook until soft, 8-12 hours on Low, stirring occasionally.
- Puree with blender if you want a smooth texture or just mash with potato masher for chunky texture.
- Add sugar and cinnamon to taste. Serve warm or cold.