Whether you’ve grown your own avocado plant or just need to use those ripe avocados from the farmers market, this guacamole is hands-down our favorite.
We’ve been known to dip our organic corn chips in this guacamole even when we don’t have all the ingredients on hand. And some of us prefer it without cilantro.
So grab a fork (or a potato masher) and get ready to indulge in one of the tastiest, healthy fat snacks around. A flat bowl or casserole dish for mixing and mashing is perfect, thanks to the flat bottom.
The Best Ever Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- juice of 1/2 a small lime
- 1/2 small red onion - finely chopped
- cilantro - finely chopped
- Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce
- optional: fold in diced tomatoes
- Finely chop your onion and cilantro. (A handful of cilantro is good, but you can do it to suit your taste.)
- Cut, pit and peel your avocados. (Reserve the pit to put in the guacamole, if any makes it to storage!)
- Add salt and pepper to taste. (We like approx. 1/4 tsp of each.)
- Juice your lime. (Rinse, cut an end off, grab a fork, poke around a little and squeeze over your dish. You’ll want just half of the lime for this recipe.)
- Add eight “shakes” of Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce.
- Mash & then dish it up! (Fold in tomatoes before dishing if you choose to add them.)