The abundance of bioavailable collagen is one of the major benefits of bone broth. The anti-inflammatory properties of bone broth make it helpful in healing joint issues, digestive problems like leaky gut syndrome, immune problems, poor metabolism, tooth and jaw problems, and skin issues.
1. Saute the onion and ginger in the olive oil with the thyme sprigs and bay leaves until the onion soft & fragrant, about 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring often.
2. Add the bone broth and garlic, giving it a quick stir after adding it.
3. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer the broth for 20 minutes.
4. Remove the bay leaves and thyme sprigs and use an immersion blender or traditional blender to blend the broth until smooth.
5. Add carrots, celery, salt & pepper to taste. Start with a teaspoon of salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon of pepper and add more to your tastes