Chickpea Salad Pita Sandwich
These Chickpea Salad Pita Sandwiches make an easy lunch, dinner, or something fancy for a summertime picnic. Stuff the chickpea salad into a pita pocket with crisp romaine lettuce leaves and a few slices of ripe, juicy tomato.
- 1 can organic chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch scallions chopped
- 1 whole dill pickle minced
- 1 organic carrot shredded
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- pinch of salt
- cracked black pepper to taste
- pita pocket (optional)
- 4 tbsp Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1/2 cucumber peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas with a fork.
Mix in the remaining ingredients.
Next, make the Cucumber Yogurt Sauce. Pulse the garlic clove in a food processor until minced. Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
Stir the Cucumber Yogurt Sauce into the chickpea salad mixture.
Serve the Chickpea Salad in a pita pocket with a few crisp romaine lettuce leaves and sliced tomato, or on your favorite crackers, or eat it straight out of the bowl with a fork.