To offer a wide range of perspectives on green parenting topics, we welcome leaders in the sustainable and/or parenting community to guest write for our digital magazine and website. Unique submissions from nonprofit organizations, accompanied by high-res images are also welcome.
Please note – we don’t accept articles from companies looking to place links.
Because Green Child is a free publication, most of our contributors are compensated by full attribution, bio, and links. We also share and tag our writers via our social media platforms.
Guidelines for Guest Authors
- Send your article by email. Please put the title of your piece in the subject line and the full text in the body of the email.
- When including links, please list the URL directly after the linked word or phrase.
- Subheads, bullet points, and paragraph breaks make your article more reader-friendly.
- Images are not required. However, if you have relevant, high-res images, we’re happy to include them. Please attach as jpeg files, along with photo credit.
- Include a 120-word bio with contact info, a headshot, and link to your website.
- If your article is informative, be sure to adjust your tone to the editorial nature of a magazine, rather than the first-person style most common to blogging.
- If you’re sharing a personal essay, be honest and vulnerable. Inspire us with your challenges and triumphs.
As the the contributor, you are responsible for ensuring your submission doesn’t violate any legal rights, copyrights, etc. Contributions should be original to Green Child and not have been published elsewhere online or slated for distribution on other sites.
Please send your submission to our submissions team. If your post has been accepted, we will respond within 2-3 weeks.
We don’t have time to respond to back link requests.