Loaded with Vitamin C and fiber, oranges are sure to tell your tastebuds Spring has arrived. While winter is known as prime citrus season, different varieties of oranges peak at different times and the navel orange is actually sweetest in March and April. Their juicy fresh flavor is delicious in a simple fruit salad or even mixed into smoothies… like this creamy orange banana smoothie your entire family can enjoy.
- 5 navel oranges peeled and segmented
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 cups ice
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt can be Greek or regular
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- Segment the oranges by slicing off the outside peel with a knife.
- Hold the orange in your palm and cut out each section.
- Puree orange segments and bananas in blender until smooth.
- Add ice 1 cup at a time until crushed.
- Then add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Serve immediately.