Add a calming, herbal twist to one of your favorite summer drinks with this refreshing lavender lemonade.
Lavender is one of the most versatile herbs, and it’s extremely easy to grow in your yard or in containers. It’s also a useful and safe herb for kids and babies especially for relaxation and sleep.
The flowers and leaves of lavender can be used fresh for cooking, while the buds and stems are mostly used in their dried form. If you don’t have the time or space to grow your own, organic culinary lavender is available online.
The only problem we have with making lemonade is that when you use all cold or room temperature ingredients, honey isn’t an easy option for the sweetener because it won’t dissolve. Honey works great in this lavender lemonade recipe because the lavender steeps in hot water. If you prefer a different type of sweetener, you can always use monk fruit, agave syrup, or your own simple syrup.
To steep the lavender, first boil 1 1/2 cups of water. Remove the water from heat and add the lavender flowers and honey. Let it steep for two hours.
REFRESHING LAVENDER LEMONADE
We made this batch pink with pomegranate juice. Cranberry juice is another option for adding color. Of course, you can always go the traditional lemonade route with no added juice for color.
Fresh Lavender Lemonade
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup honey or sweetener of choice
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons organic culinary grade lavender flowers
- 1 splash cranberry or pomegranate juice optional for pink flavor – add until desired color is achieved
- Boil 1 1/2 cups water
- Remove from heat and add lavender flowers and honey
- Allow to steep for 2 hours (30 minutes minimum)
- Pour into a pitcher
- Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice and additional 1 1/2 cups of water
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve
- Serve with ice, lemon slice, and sprig of fresh lavender
- Serene & Enchanting Mermaid Coloring Pages for Kids - May 24, 2023
- The Benefits of Toddler Climbing Toys + Buying Guide - May 19, 2023
- 3 Steps To a Greener, Kid-Friendly Lawn without Chemicals - April 24, 2023
Leave a Reply