Pumpkin spice pancakes are a huge hit in our homes this time of year. They’re the perfect way to introduce young kids to the glory of eating seasonally.
These seasonal pancakes are just as easy to make from scratch as regular pancakes. You don’t have to use a mixer for this quick pancake recipe. If you opt to make the homemade cinnamon whipped cream, you will need a mixer, but trust us – it’s worth it!
This recipe also fills your home with the cozy smells of Fall. Our kids inevitably wander in the kitchen saying, “What smells so good?”
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN SPICE PANCAKES
The key to fluffy pancakes is mixing the batter just enough to incorporate the ingredients. Over-mixing will take the fluff right out of them.
This recipe makes enough pumpkin spice pancakes to feed a big family. Or you can freeze them for weekday mornings by wrapping in unbleached parchment paper. We reheat them on the toast setting of a stainless steel toaster oven.
EASY DIETARY SWAPS
Vegan: Use non-dairy milk (like almond or oat milk), omit the eggs, and replace the butter with coconut oil.
Egg-free: Use one tablespoon of flaxseed meal and three tablespoons of water to replace one egg.
Gluten-free: We’ve tried a few brands of gluten-free flour and they work well.
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- 3 cups of your choice of flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 2 cups organic milk or almond milk
- 3 eggs - medium brown
- 1 cup organic greek yogurt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons organic honey
- 3 tablespoons organic brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Mix wet ingredients together
- Combine in mixing bowl until blended
- Heat cast iron skillet or griddle
- Add 1 pat grass-fed butter to hot skillet
- Drop 1/2 cup of batter into pan and flip when ready
- Top with fresh whipped cream and chopped pecans
Organic Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 8 oz. organic heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons organic powdered sugar
- Pour heavy cream into chilled mixing bowl
- Whip at medium speed until cream begins to thicken.
- Raise speed to high and beat until soft peaks form (may take 5-7 minutes total).
- Beat in vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and powdered sugar.
- Continue beating until whipped completely, but do not over-whip.
- Oak Meadow Preschool: Homeschooling centered around nature and play - May 18, 2022
- The Best Non-Toxic & Eco-Friendly Strollers – 2022 Guide - May 6, 2022
- How to Choose the Best Organic Mattress - May 3, 2022