Arugula mushroom pizza is always a hit on homemade pizza night. Our editor’s husband has a big green egg style grill that gets brick-oven-pizza hot!
You already love arugula for that little zest it adds to your salads and sides. If the kids need an easier intro to this leafy green, try adding it to a pizza.
Packed with vitamins A and K and beta-carotene, arugula helps promote a healthy immune system, stronger vision, and proper blood clotting. It’s also a low-calorie superfood!
Cheese is optional when it comes to making pizzas in the Green Child kitchens. Some of our kids have dairy sensitivities and others just don’t like it. So, feel free to use your cheese of choice, a cheese substitute, or omit it altogether.
Arugula Mushroom Pizza Recipe
- Pizza dough of your choice
- 2 cups arugula washed & dried
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced or minced
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place pizza dough on pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Brush with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove crust from the oven and top with the garlic, mozzarella, mushrooms, and arugula.
- Return to the oven to bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
- Top Safe & Eco-Friendly Baby Products 2023 Gear Guide - January 6, 2023
- Eco-Friendly Baby Products: The 2023 Guide for Safe and Natural Baby Toys - January 4, 2023
- Vegan Chickpea Tikka Masala Recipe - January 3, 2023