This blueberry banana oat breakfast smoothie contains a great balance of healthy fats, unrefined carbs, and protein to keep you or your child feeling satisfied long after breakfast.
It’s easy to get stuck in a rut at breakfast, one of the busiest times of day in most households, especially with young ones running under foot.
Smoothies are our go-to breakfast… but even then, we tend to put the same old things in it day in and day out.
Even smoothies deserve a makeover! So a blueberry banana oat breakfast smoothie was just what our same-old mornings needed.
This one is sweet enough to satisfy your (or your child’s) sweet tooth yet contains a great balance of unrefined carbohydrates, healthy fats, and good protein to actually keep you feeling totally satisfied long after breakfast is over.
Blueberries and bananas are natural kid favorites. Plus they’re rich in potassium and antioxidants, adding to the fact that they carry the flavors in this smoothie beautifully.
And, of course, it’s super easy to take on the run… which is a necessity during your crazier school mornings.
Blueberry Oat Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp. tahini almond butter, or other nut butter
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 handful of greens spinach and kale are good choices
- water or milk to thin, as needed
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Smoothie - November 8, 2022
- Raw, Vegan “Eggnog” & Gluten-Free Gingerbread Bites - November 1, 2022
- Dairy-free, Vegan Mac and No Cheese - August 10, 2020
Leave a Reply