Packed with fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants, cabbage is a fabulous food to introduce to your family. These cheesy roasted cabbage bites are healthy and easy to make.
Not only is cabbage extremely affordable, it’s also one of the super foods when it comes to protective properties. Members of the cruciferous family are rich in antioxidants… a warrior in the line of defense against cancer.
And what’s better than a little veggie cheese to make it kid-friendly!
Through her blog, The Healthy Apple, Amie Valpone shares her passion for and approach to “clean eating”by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body.
Cheesy Roasted Cabbage BitesPrint Recipe
- 1 medium head purple cabbage cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 bag GO Veggie! Lactose-Free Rice Cheese Shreds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place cabbage slices on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Drizzle olive oil onto each cabbage slice then season with salt, pepper and basil. Top each slice with cheese shreds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Remove from oven; serve warm.