With no gluten, nuts, or refined sugar, these raw vegan chocolate mint cookies make a simple holiday dessert or edible gift!
Chocolate is a must-have around our homes year round. And when the holidays come around, the kids love peppermint and chocolate together.
These cookies are rich and decadent. We love it when a healthy dessert is also easy to make!
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Mint Cookies
The dry ingredients are simple: coconut flour and raw cacao powder. Add coconut oil to the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then add your favorite liquid sweetener (we love local honey!) and add some organic vanilla extract and peppermint extract.
Then all you do is combine the ingredients, use a cookie cutter to make your favorite shapes, then place on a baking sheet or parchment paper in the fridge to set up.
Stephanie Moram, the author of this recipe, used a small glass jar to make these into mini cookie shapes.
While the cookies are setting up in the fridge is the perfect time to read Christmas Cookies: Bite Sized Holiday Lessons with your child. A librarian recommended this book to us years ago, and it instantly became a familiar classic in our home during the holidays. Its diverse characters and endearing lessons are completely charming and memorable.
Once the cookies have set up (about an hour), enjoy! You can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for as long as they last.
Vegan Chocolate Mini Mint Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp of liquid sweetener maple syrup, honey, coconut syrup or agave
- 4 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of peppermint extract
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, and stir.
- Shape the batter into cookie shapes. You can use a cookie cutter, or a glass jar to make mini cookies.
- Place in the fridge until firm (about an hour).
- Once firm, store mini cookies at room temperature, and they will still be hard to the touch.
- 9 Ways to Keep the Environment Clean and Safe - April 20, 2023
- Guided Meditation for Kids: Benefits + Free Relaxation Scripts - April 18, 2023
- 21 Ideas for Celebrating Earth Day with Kids Outside - March 29, 2023
Leave a Reply