Raspberries have a tendency to be a bit sour if they’re not perfectly ripe. The addition of sweet cherries balances out any tartness and gives it a mildly sweet and complex flavor. This coconut raspberry smoothie bowl is a true “breakfast of champions”.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen sweet cherries
- 1 tsp fresh lime zest
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tsp local honey optional
- 1/4 cup granola
- 2 Tbsp toasted pepitas pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp raw millet
- 1/2 kiwi peeled and sliced
- Combine all smoothie bowl ingredients in a blender jar and blend until smooth and no chunks remain.
- Pour into a bowl and add toppings.
In her book, Beautiful Smoothie Bowls, Carissa Bonham combines art with the nutrition of smoothie bowls. We’re thrilled to share these recipes from Carissa and her talented friends with you.