Welcome to Green Child Magazine’s Free Library of Guided Meditation Scripts for Kids, available exclusively to subscribers!
Browse the topics to see which guided meditation will most benefit your child. Click the image of the script you’d like to download, view as a PDF, or save. We add new meditation scripts every other month, so be sure to check this page. Or keep an eye on our newsletter so you’ll know when the new scripts are available.
These meditations are written by Mellisa Dormoy of Shambala Kids. They are copyrighted and may only be used by parents or professionals reading live, in-person to their children or pediatric clients. You can find a variety of guided relaxation scripts for kids recorded professionally by Mellisa on Amazon or iTunes.
How to Read a Guided Meditation Script to Your Child
We get a lot of emails saying, “My kid was asleep before we even finished the breathing part!”
Some scripts are great for helping your child fall asleep. Other scripts are more suited to morning readings to help them start their day off calmly and confidently. As you browse through the library, you’ll get an idea of which ones are best for your child. Then…
- Choose a script. Read it to yourself first to find the rhythm.
- Make sure your child is comfortable, relaxed, and calm.
- Choose a time when you have your child’s attention and they are open to a new experience.
- Find a place free from distractions or loud noises.
- Read the script to your child in a calm, soothing voice, pausing often. Notice how your child relaxes and engages.
- If your child is still awake when you’ve finished, allow them to reflect and share their thoughts with you.