Take the health benefits of the pear and add them to the scrumptiousness of this dessert… and your next internet search just might be for your own pear tree!
This simple, tasty pear recipe was created by Chef Jamie Lauren of Absinthe Brasserie and Bar in San Francisco. If you can’t find Bosc pears at your local grocery store, red or green Anjou pears will work just as well.
Sautéed Pear Delight
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 6 Bosc USA Pears peeled, cored, and quartered
- Juice of ½ lemon about 3 Tbsp
- 1 ½ cup vanilla yogurt or frozen yogurt
- ½ cup chopped toasted California walnuts
- To prepare pears, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in spices and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add pears and cook for 15 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in lemon juice. Serve with nonfat vanilla yogurt or frozen yogurt and top with walnuts.
Latest posts by Green Child Magazine (see all)
- 9 Ways to Keep the Environment Clean and Safe - April 20, 2023
- Guided Meditation for Kids: Benefits + Free Relaxation Scripts - April 18, 2023
- 21 Ideas for Celebrating Earth Day with Kids Outside - March 29, 2023
Leave a Reply