Seared paprika salmon fillets are paired with a unique twist on a traditional Italian Gremolata. The basil, garlic, and lime paired with the lentils bring a fresh hit of flavor and earthy depth making it a great partner to a range of savory dishes, or to enjoy simply on its own.
One of the many benefits of lentils is that they don’t require soaking, decreasing the time and effort it takes to incorporate them into your meals.
The Lentil Gremolata can be made well in advance and is a great option as a simple side dish.
Seared Salmon with Basil Lentil Gremolata
- 1 1/2 cups cooked green lentils
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 limes zest and juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp your oil of choice to taste salt and pepper
- 4 4 oz salmon fillets, deboned
- 1 tsp paprika
- Combine lentils, basil, lime zest, garlic, and 1/4 cup (60 mL) oil in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve.
- Season one side of the salmon with paprika, salt, and pepper. Heat a medium pan on medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of oil and add the salmon, seasoned side down. Season the other side with salt and pepper. Cook on first side until golden brown, then flip to continue cooking until desired doneness. Remove from pan and squeeze lime juice on each fillet.
- Place cooked fillets on individual plates or on a sharing platter and top with the prepared basil lentil gremolata.
- Serve immediately.
- 7 Mindfulness Exercises for Kids (even teens and tweens) to Help Them Sleep - March 10, 2023
- How to Set Up a Montessori Kitchen at Home - March 8, 2023
- The Health Benefits Of Drinking Elderberry Tea - February 16, 2023
Leave a Reply