Chocolate Mini Mint Cookies
Editor’s Note: This recipe from Stephanie Moram
combines two of my family’s favorite holiday traditions. Baking, of course… and a holiday book about Christmas Cookies
we love to read together.
Vegan, gluten and nut-free, these chocolate mini mint cookies make a simple holiday dessert or edible gift!
Chocolate Mini Mint Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp of liquid sweetener (maple syrup, honey, coconut syrup or agave)
- 4 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of peppermint extract
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla flavor (less if using extract)
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, and stir.
- Shape the batter into cookie shapes. You can use a cookie cutter, or a glass jar to make mini cookies.
- Place in the fridge until firm (about an hour).
- Once firm, store mini cookies at room temperature, and they will still be hard to the touch.
Yields 12 mini cookies.
While the cookies are setting up in the fridge is the perfect time to read Christmas Cookies: Bite Sized Holiday Lessons with your child. A librarian recommended this book to us a few years ago, and it instantly became a familiar classic in our home during the holidays.
This entry was posted in Desserts
, Food & Recipes
and tagged recipes
©2013 Fresh Green Media, LLC. All rights reserved.