Take the health benefits of the pear and add them to the scrumptiousness of this dessert… and your next internet search just might be for your own pear tree!
This simple, tasty pear recipe was created by Chef Jamie Lauren of Absinthe Brasserie and Bar in San Francisco. If you can’t find Bosc pears at your local grocery store, red or green Anjou pears will work just as well.Print
Sautéed Pear Delight
Write a review
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 6 Bosc USA Pears, peeled, cored, and quartered
- Juice of ½ lemon (about 3 Tbsp)
- 1 ½ cup vanilla yogurt or frozen yogurt
- ½ cup chopped, toasted California walnuts
- To prepare pears, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in spices and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add pears and cook for 15 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in lemon juice. Serve with nonfat vanilla yogurt or frozen yogurt and top with walnuts.
Green Child Magazine http://www.greenchildmagazine.com/
Since 2010, Green Child has published a digital magazine devoted to natural parenting and conscious living. Hailed as “good for a green mama’s soul,” Green Child has grown into a resource valued by parents who care about bringing simplicity, compassion, social responsibility, and instinctual intelligence back to parenting.
Latest posts by Green Child Magazine (see all)
- The Spring 2017 Issue of Green Child Magazine is Here! - February 22, 2017
- Early Moments Matter - February 13, 2017
- Oak Meadow Full Homeschool Curriculum Package Giveaway - February 10, 2017