Avocado mac and cheese?
Um, yeah. It’s unbelievably good!
If you have doubts about this recipe, just make it and then tell us if you find yourself wondering why you’ve made mac and cheese any other way your whole life.
This recipe calls for dairy-free cheese, but if your family has no dairy allergies, you can add your favorite type of real cheese.
And if you need to subsidize your avocado habit, try growing your own avocado tree.
Avocado White Bean Mac & Cheese
- 10 oz. gluten-free pasta
- 2 ripe avocados peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. dairy-free butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 15.5 oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups GO Veggie! Mexican Cheese Shreds
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 cup crushed gluten-free crackers
- 2 Tbsp. GO Veggie! Parmesan Cheese
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot; add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine avocado, sea salt and pepper; pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Place butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add almond milk, white beans and cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Add cooked pasta, crushed red pepper and avocado sauce; mix well to combine.
- Serve warm with crushed gluten-free crackers Parmesan Cheese on top.