These are simple to prepare and may be formed into all different types of shapes and varying sizes. This recipe uses raw cacao, which is higher in minerals like magnesium, for growing healthy bones, than roasted cocoa powder.
Cashew Chocolate Sweets
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup raw cacao
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup raw agave nectar or coconut nectar
- In a food processor with the S-blade attachment in place, grind the cashews into a meal.
- Add the coconut flakes, cacao, cinnamon, and sea salt, and pulse until a coarse mix is formed.
- Add the raw agave through the feed tube on the food processor while running the machine. A dough ball will form.
- Stop the machine and remove the dough ball, transferring it onto a silicone sheet or cutting board lined with plastic wrap.
- Form and mold into desired shapes and sizes. This is a shelf-stable mixture, so it does not need to be refrigerated.
- Optional: Top with—or roll shapes in—more coconut flakes, cacao nibs, or other superfoods (like hemp seeds) for additional nutritional components and flavors.
Latest posts by Green Child Magazine (see all)
- Pique Herbal Cinnamon Fasting Tea Review - August 13, 2019
- What to Avoid in Personal Lubricant + A Certified Organic Solution: Coconu - August 12, 2019
- Kids Who Spend More Time in Nature Become Happier Adults, Study Confirms - July 30, 2019