This isn’t your traditional eggplant recipe (fried and drenched in mozzarella and tomato sauce). Though we love Eggplant Parmesan, we think we’ve taken our eggplant to the next level. We hope you find it elevated and very enjoyable!
- 3 large eggplants peeled & cut into 1” squares
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 T pure maple syrup
- 6 medium garlic cloves pressed
- ½ tsp. ground toasted coriander
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Himalayan salt coarsely ground to taste
- Pepper coarsely ground to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered or halved
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- ¼ cup scallions chopped
- ¼ cup flat parsley leaves chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 T orange juice
- 1 T lime juice
- 1 T agave nectar
- 2 T tamari
- 2 T olive oil
- ½ cup pepitas
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle salt on cubed eggplant and let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Prepare roasting marinade by combining olive oil, maple syrup, garlic, coriander, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Rinse and pat eggplant dry and mix with marinade.
- Place eggplant mixture on baking sheet in single layer. Roast for 30–40 minutes (tossing halfway through) or until eggplant is fork tender and golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, scallions, parsley, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Make dressing by stirring together orange juice, lime juice, agave, tamari, and olive oil.
- Toast pepitas in a skillet over low-medium heat until fragrant and golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine cooled eggplant, tomato mixture, dressing, and toasted pepitas.
- Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
- Supporting a Strong Immune System in Babies & Toddlers - February 16, 2021
- Dr. Mark Burhenne on How the Oral Microbiome Affects Overall Health - January 26, 2021
- Free Printable Green Spring Cleaning Checklist - January 4, 2021