These deliciously easy healthy blueberry frozen yogurt popsicles are a great healthy treat to have on hand during warm weather.
Most kids love blueberry yogurt – it’s a naturally good combination. With simple ingredients like blueberries, yogurt, and lemon zest, these blueberry frozen yogurt popsicles make a nutritious treat that can be easily tailored to any child’s tastebuds.
And if your house ends up being the neighborhood kid hangout this summer, you can feel extra good about serving homemade froyo pops. They’re healthier than store bought, and there’s no food dyes or plastic sleeve waste.
Feel free to use honey, agave nectar, or the sweetener of your choice here. We prefer the easy sweetness of light honey in this recipe.
Keep in mind these pops are not super sweet— the tang of yogurt still comes through loud and clear. If you prefer your pops a little sweeter, go ahead and sweeten the yogurt to your liking.
If your family doesn’t tolerate cow’s milk, give sheep’s milk yogurt a try. It makes for delicious popsicles.
Healthy Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Popsicles
- 1 cup fresh or frozen organic blueberries
- 1 teaspoon finely grated organic lemon zest
- 1 cup honey
- 2 1/4 cups plain Greek yogurt
- In a small saucepan, mix together the blueberries, lemon zest, and 1⁄2 cup of the honey.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes, or until the blueberries have softened into the sweet syrup.
- Chill the blueberry sauce in the fridge until fully cooled.
- Once the blueberries have cooled, whisk the yogurt and the remaining 1⁄2 of the honey in a medium bowl.
- Lightly swirl the blueberry syrup into the yogurt so the popsicles have a nice marbled look. Scoop the fruit and yogurt into ten 3-ounce ice-pop molds and freeze until solid.
Latest posts by Green Child Magazine (see all)
- The Fall 2019 Issue of Green Child Magazine - September 10, 2019
- Go Green: The Top 15 Most Important Sustainable Steps - August 27, 2019
- Pique Herbal Cinnamon Fasting Tea Review - August 13, 2019