This delicious golden turmeric milk is packed with nutrients and antioxidants. Turmeric – the vibrant yellow spice used in curry – is not only rich in flavor, it’s loaded with health benefits.
Some of the health benefits of turmeric are that it…
- reduces inflammation in the body
- aids in digestion & reduces bloating
- improves liver function
- boosts the immune system
- supports brain health
- improves skin
- supports joint health
- can help prevent cancer
- can help improve sleep
Turmeric is amazing for the whole family, and there are plenty of ways to add it to your child’s diet. Be sure to include freshly ground pepper to help the body absorb the turmeric. Black pepper also has antibacterial properties, can help lower blood pressure, and can help improve digestion.
- adding turmeric to scrambled eggs, frittatas, or omelets
- season rice with it (especially cauliflower rice)
- season roasted vegetables
- add to soups
- make kid-friendly turmeric smoothies
Golden turmeric milk has been around forever, and you can find many different variations on the recipe. While all of the ingredients are good for you, turmeric is the nutritional powerhouse.
This recipe’s base is coconut milk. I recommend using unsweetened, organic coconut milk.
I try to have this drink 5 times per week. It’s really nice before bedtime and has been found to help improve sleep.
This is how I like to make golden turmeric milk. I hope you (and your little ones) enjoy it, too!
- 1 cup organic unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon organic turmeric
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 2 dashes organic cayenne pepper
- 1 heaping tablespoon organic raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine ingredients into a small pot and warm over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir well with a wire whisk to incorporate ingredients.