A warm, brothy bowl of organic miso soup supplies protein and nutrients for the whole family.
Japanese Dashi is a simple broth made from kombu (dried seaweed) and dried bonito fish flakes. The kombu and the bonito give this simple soup an extra layer of savory flavor.
Japanese Miso Soup with Scallions, Mushrooms & Organic Tofu
- 3 cups dashi soup stock
- ¾ cup firm organic tofu cubed in small bites
- 3 tablespoons miso paste
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- ¼ cup shitake mushrooms chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried seaweed minced (optional)
- Splash of low sodium soy sauce or Braggs your choice
- Pour the dashi soup stock in a medium size sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add in the tofu, onions, mushrooms, and seaweed if you are using it and let simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Take 1 cup of the soup stock and place in a pan with the miso paste and let it dissolve. Add this mixture back into the soup.
- Add a splash of soy sauce or Braggs to taste.
- Serve warm.