Say the chefs at Ravens’ Restaurant: “We put our Chocolate Ganache Tart onto the menu more than 14 years ago. We tweak it continuously to ensure that we remain excited by this, our most popular dessert.”
“The crust has changed many times–from somewhat of a chocolate piecrust, to a chocolate walnut crust, and, in this iteration, a gluten-free chocolate, almond, and hazelnut crust. The almonds are from nearby, and we have recently started growing our own hazelnuts. We added mint 2 years ago and haven’t looked back.”
“A refreshing and satisfying dessert that diners often leave saying, ‘I can’t believe it’s vegan!'”
Mint Chocolate Ganache Tart
- 1 1/4 cups almonds
- 1 1/4 cups hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil softened
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract Water as needed
- 1/2 box 12 ounces silken tofu (Wildwood SprouTofu preferred), drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon mint extract or 1/2 bunch fresh mint
- 1/2 cup unbleached cane sugar Scant pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
To make the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, combine the almonds and hazelnuts. Grind the nuts to a very fine consistency. Add the sugar, cacao powder, and salt and pulse the ingredients. Pour the mixture into a large bowl. Add the oil and vanilla and toss, adding water until the mixture sticks together.
- Press the mixture into a 12" x 12" baking dish and bake for 10 minutes, or until brown. Let cool before pouring the filling on top.
To make the filling
- Place the tofu, water, vanilla, mint, sugar, and salt into a medium saucepan. Mash the tofu lightly into smaller pieces with a potato masher or whisk. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the liquid reduces and the tofu turns light brown. Turn off the heat, add the chocolate chips, and stir until melted.
- Place the mixture in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour into the cooled crust. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until well chilled. Slice and serve cold.
- Any remaining filling can be refrigerated. It will stiffen when cool, but can be melted down over low heat or in a double boiler and poured into a pre-baked tart shell.
- Eco-Friendly Gifts for the Healthy Home Enthusiast - November 28, 2020
- Oak Meadow: Distance Learning Minus All the Screen Time - November 24, 2020
- Want, Need, Wear, Read Free Printable Holiday Gift Tags - November 22, 2020