Spring is here so you can get excited to head to your local farmer’s market and pick up your favorite veggies for a fresh salad.
Springtime is a great time to switch from our winter comfort foods and enjoy clean, whole foods that prepare us for the warmer weather ahead. Dig into this salad and serve it for a weekend dinner party or a weekday lunch for a quick and easy way to get your antioxidants, protein, and fiber!
Sweet Pea & Avocado Spring Salad
- 2 cups organic mixed greens
- 1/2 cup frozen peas defrosted
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 ripe avocado thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. organic chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp. each sea salt & pepper
- In a large bowl, combine Zen blend, peas, onion and avocado; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Pour over avocado mixture; gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.