Eggplant is an excellent source of fiber, phytonutrients, Vitamin B1, and K. This meal offers a healthier alternative to frying eggplant. The rounds are simply broiled on a wire rack until blistered, then tossed with olive oil.
The combination of ingredients makes a flavorful, healthy dish.
Blistered Eggplant with Tomatoes, Olives, & Feta
- 1 large eggplant cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1¾ pounds mixed tomatoes
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup mixed olives
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Heat broiler with rack 8 inches from heat source. Toast bread on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, until crisp, about 2 minutes.
- With rack 6 inches from heat source. Place eggplant rounds on a wire rack set on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until eggplant is blistered and deep brown on one side, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Flip and broil until blistered on other side, 10 to 12 minutes. Immediately transfer to a large bowl, toss with oil, and cover with a plate. Let stand until softened, 10 minutes.
- Arrange eggplant and tomatoes on a platter, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper and drizzling with oil before adding next layer. Top with feta, olives, and parsley and serve.
Latest posts by Green Child Magazine (see all)
- 7 Mindfulness Exercises for Kids (even teens and tweens) to Help Them Sleep - March 10, 2023
- How to Set Up a Montessori Kitchen at Home - March 8, 2023
- The Health Benefits Of Drinking Elderberry Tea - February 16, 2023
Leave a Reply