Eggplant is an excellent source of fiber, phytonutrients, Vitamin B1, and K. This meal offers a healthier alternative to frying eggplant. The rounds are simply broiled on a wire rack until blistered, then tossed with olive oil.
The combination of ingredients makes a flavorful, healthy dish.
Blistered Eggplant with Tomatoes, Olives, & Feta
- 1 large eggplant cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1¾ pounds mixed tomatoes
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup mixed olives
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Heat broiler with rack 8 inches from heat source. Toast bread on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, until crisp, about 2 minutes.
- With rack 6 inches from heat source. Place eggplant rounds on a wire rack set on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until eggplant is blistered and deep brown on one side, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Flip and broil until blistered on other side, 10 to 12 minutes. Immediately transfer to a large bowl, toss with oil, and cover with a plate. Let stand until softened, 10 minutes.
- Arrange eggplant and tomatoes on a platter, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper and drizzling with oil before adding next layer. Top with feta, olives, and parsley and serve.