Warm up, slim down and get healthy with delicious vegetarian enchiladas. I’ve been making healthy enchiladas for years; I feel good about this healthy version and haven’t met anyone who doesn’t love these. If you are allergic to dairy, use dairy-free shredded cheese like I did- you’ll never know the difference!
By Amie Valpone
Dairy & Gluten-Free Cheesy White Bean Enchiladas
- 2 cups organic baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp. organic ground flax seeds
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- 2 15 oz. cans white beans, drained
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 8 large gluten-free tortillas
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups Vegan Mexican Shredded Cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & oil 13” x 9” dish.
- In a bowl, toss together spinach, flax, juice, beans, chili powder, cumin, sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Spread 2 Tbsp. of salsa in the bottom of the dish.
- Spoon the bean mixture into the center of the tortilla, roll up and place in the baking dish with the folded side down. Repeat for the remaining tortillas.
- Pour the remaining salsa over the tortillas; top with shredded cheese and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and enchiladas are warm.
- Remove from oven; top with scallions and serve warm.