This berry smoothie bowl is called Enchanted Summer Dream because it’s the perfect healthy, fresh taste of summer. No matter if you eat it during summer or give it a try during winter, this smoothie will animate body and soul and give you the perfect start into your day!
It’s full of beneficial nutrients and makes a great energy and hydration source for those long, hot summer days.
If you time your farmer’s market visit just right, you’ll have fresh, local berries for this gorgeous berry smoothie bowl. And it’s simple enough the kids can help or tweak the ingredients to their own liking.
In her book, Beautiful Smoothie Bowls, Carissa Bonham combines art with the nutrition of smoothie bowls. We’re thrilled to share these recipes from Carissa and her talented friends with you.
Berry Enchanted Summer Dream Smoothie Bowl
- 1 banana peeled
- 1 apple peeled and cored
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 date pitted
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp flaxseed oil
- 1 Tbsp ground coconut
- 1 tsp dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 Tbsp blueberries
- 1 strawberry sliced
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts
- Combine all smoothie bowl ingredients in a blender jar and blend until smooth and no chunks remain.
- Pour into a bowl and add toppings.
While smoothies are a convenient and healthy way to replace a meal on the go, research has shown that liquid forms of fruits can be less satisfying than whole foods. With a smoothie bowl, in addition to blending in superfoods, you also add fruit, nuts, seeds, or grain on top. So you also get something to chew, which can help make for a yummy whole breakfast or lunch. (source)
Find more gorgeous and delicious smoothie bowl recipes in Beautiful Smoothie Bowls.
Latest posts by Carissa Berg Bonham (see all)
- Enchanted Summer Dream Berry Smoothie Bowl - June 18, 2019
- Coconut Raspberry Cooler Smoothie Bowl - November 9, 2017
- Dairy-free, Gluten-free Cherry Cobbler Smoothie Bowl - July 11, 2017