The flavors of lemon and oregano are absorbed by the potatoes and will fill your house with comforting smells as they roast. We chose red potatoes from the farmers market, but you can use other varieties like fingerlings or even Russets with some minor adjustments in cooking time.
Lemon and Oregano Roasted Potatoes
- 2 lbs red potatoes quartered
- 1 Lemon cut in half
- Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, squeeze the juice from the lemon over potatoes.
- Lightly coat with olive oil, then add the oregano and toss.
- Transfer to a 9 x 13 pan or baking sheet and lay potatoes flat.
- Sprinkle salt over potatoes and place in oven for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through to allow browning on both sides.
- Potatoes are done when they can be easily pierced with a fork.
Latest posts by Louise Goldberg (see all)
- Asparagus Avocado Soup Recipe - April 1, 2018
- Cantaloupe Raspberry Granita - June 16, 2016
- Strawberry Avocado Parfait - April 1, 2016
Susan Stibb says
Just like Gia-gia (grandma in Greek) makes!!! Just plop those potatoes in with a roasting chicken and baste the chicken with lemon and orgegano … Yummy in your tummy…