The flavors of lemon and oregano are absorbed by the potatoes and will fill your house with comforting smells as they roast. We chose red potatoes from the farmers market, but you can use other varieties like fingerlings or even Russets with some minor adjustments in cooking time.
Lemon and Oregano Roasted Potatoes
- 2 lbs red potatoes quartered
- 1 Lemon cut in half
- Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, squeeze the juice from the lemon over potatoes.
- Lightly coat with olive oil, then add the oregano and toss.
- Transfer to a 9 x 13 pan or baking sheet and lay potatoes flat.
- Sprinkle salt over potatoes and place in oven for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through to allow browning on both sides.
- Potatoes are done when they can be easily pierced with a fork.