Pure, organic maple syrup is an excellent natural sweetener. It provides a rich flavor, too.
Blackberries are rich in fiber, Vitamins A, C, and K, as well as antioxidants.
You can make these muffins in advance and pop them into a little hand on one of those busy mornings. You can substitute other fruits for the blackberries as they come into season.
As always, we recommend using in-season and organic ingredients.
Egg-free Maple Blackberry Muffins
- 2 bananas
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour of your choice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups fresh blackberries
- Raw sugar large crystals to top muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat muffin tin with cooking spray or oil.
- Mash or puree bananas in large bowl, then add yogurt, syrup and extract.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, lightly coat blackberries in flour and shake off excess.
- Gently fold berries into banana and flour mixture.
- Scoop batter into muffin tin.
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with light coating of raw sugar crystals, if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes until muffin tops are golden brown.
- Cool on rack for 5 minutes.