This grain-free pizza features a blend of savory Middle Eastern flavors. It’s kind of like a deep-dish pizza—best enjoyed with a fork and knife. If you like, drizzle the finished pizza with your favorite pesto.
My new cookbook, Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body, is filled with over 200 plant-based anti-inflammatory recipes that are free of gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, peanuts, corn, refined sugar, white flours and other inflammatory foods.
This book is a roadmap to detox your food and your life no matter what symptoms you and your family may be facing. Inside, I show you how to fight inflammation and eat clean on a daily basis.
- 1 cup chickpea flour garbanzo bean flour
- ½ teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Heirloom Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped curly kale
- ½ cup thinly sliced button mushrooms
- 1 small scallion very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Carrot Cashew Herb Sauce
- Crushed red pepper flakes for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, cumin, and coriander; mix well. Slowly whisk in the broth until the mixture is as smooth as pancake batter.
- In a medium cast-iron skillet on the stovetop, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the flour mixture so that it completely coats the bottom of the skillet. Cook until the bottom is golden brown, about 5 minutes, and then flip and cook on the other side until golden brown, another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Add the Heirloom Tomato Sauce, using the back of a large tablespoon to coat the entire surface of the crust, except for a ½-inch around the edge. Top with the kale, mushrooms, and scallion, and then drizzle with the Carrot Cashew Herb Sauce. Place under the broiler until the kale turns crispy, 4 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and serve warm.