This festive cupcake is adorable and perfect for holiday gatherings. I created the North Pole sign using a paper drinking straw and the end of a Q-tip placed in the end. Print the text or hand-write it, and a bit of tape will complete the look.
For the icing, a #846 piping tip is suggested to give height and sophistication to the cupcakes. Add a touch of winter flair by adding India Tree edible snowflakes around the frosting. Please note that the snowflakes do contain soy, so be mindful of any food allergies!
North Pole Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups organic all-purpose flour
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup grass fed butter softened
- 1 cup organic milk
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tsp organic pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F .
- Mix together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt)
- Add in wet ingredients (butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla) and mix on med-high until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into a tin with paper cupcake linings. Fill about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool completely before icing.
16 oz bag of organic fair trade icing sugar (or 4 cups)
1/2 cup grass fed butter, salted
Organic whole milk (never skim as it needs that creamy texture.)
A dash or two of flavouring (Vanilla or hazelnut would compliment this cupcake!) Icing Directions:
Start with 1/2 a cup of soft butter, use a paddle and cream the butter to get it smooth.
To prevent lumps, put sugar through a metal sieve before adding. Add a half cup at a time until you have added 2-3 cups, add a dash of milk and 1-2 teaspoons of flavouring depending on taste.
If it tastes too “buttery,” add another half cup of icing sugar and taste again. I prefer this method to a recipe, as your taste buds will tell you when the taste is just how you like it.
- Nutritional Nuggets: My Child Has a Dairy Sensitivity - August 24, 2017
- Nutritional Support for a Child Dealing with Anxiety - August 10, 2017
- Nutritional Nuggets: Leaky Gut Syndrome - February 23, 2017
Leave a Reply