For the icing, a #846 piping tip is suggested to give height and sophistication to the cupcakes. Add a touch of flair by adding India Tree edible embellishments to the frosting.
Baking with pale0-friendly flours often comes with a learning curve. If you’re making these for a baby shower, be sure to bake a trial run batch to get the hang of it.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F . Line pan for a dozen cupcakes.
- Mix together all ingredients until evenly mixed.
- Scoop equal amounts batter into a tin with paper cupcake linings.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch.
- Remove and let cool completely before icing.
16 oz bag of organic fair trade icing sugar (or 4 cups)
1/2 cup grass fed butter, salted
Reconstituted powdered coconut milk
A dash or two of flavoring (Vanilla or
hazelnut would compliment this cupcake!) Icing Directions:
Start with 1/2 a cup of soft butter, use a paddle and cream the butter to get it smooth.
To prevent lumps, put sugar through a metal sieve before adding. Add a half cup at a time until you have added 2-3 cups, add a dash of milk and 1-2 teaspoons of flavouring depending on taste.
If it tastes too “buttery,” add another half cup of icing sugar and taste again. I prefer this method to a recipe, as your taste buds will tell you when the taste is just how you like it.