Root vegetables are extremely high in nutrients, and roasting them is a simple meal or side to make on a busy school night. On the kid-friendly scale, these are pretty high up there for pleasing picky palates. The only effort lies in the chopping, but it’s so worth your time!
Perfectly Roasted Root Salad
- - 4 cups diced beets 1/2" cubes
- - 4 cups sweet potatoes diced into 1/2" cubes
- - 1 bulb fennel diced
- - 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- - 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- - 1/4 cup water
- - 2 tablespoons tahini
- - 1 tablespoon dried dill
- - 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- - 1 clove garlic minced
- - Ground black pepper
- To make the salad: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, toss the beets, sweet potatoes, and fennel with the 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar. Place on the baking sheet and cover with foil. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the veggies have softened but are still somewhat firm.
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl, mix together the 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, the water, tahini, dill, salt, garlic, and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables to a serving bowl and toss them with the dressing.
- Natural Baby Bath & Skin Care Products 2021 Guide - April 6, 2021
- Natural Baby Sleep Aids and Baby Sleep Products 2021 Guide - March 31, 2021
- Eco-Friendly Baby Products: Organic Baby Carriers 2021 Gear Guide - March 23, 2021