Mmmm… comfort food!
Root vegetables are extremely high in nutrients, and roasting them is a simple meal or side to make on a busy school night. On the kid-friendly scale, these are pretty high up there for pleasing picky palates. The only effort lies in the chopping, but it’s so worth your time!
Perfectly Roasted Root Salad
- 4 cups diced beets diced into 1/2" cubes
- 4 cups sweet potatoes diced into 1/2" cubes
- 1 bulb fennel diced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ground black pepper
- To make the salad: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, toss the beets, sweet potatoes, and fennel with the 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar. Place on the baking sheet and cover with foil. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the veggies have softened but are still somewhat firm.
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl, mix together the 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, the water, tahini, dill, salt, garlic, and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables to a serving bowl and toss them with the dressing.
- Oak Meadow Preschool: Homeschooling centered around nature and play - May 18, 2022
- The Best Non-Toxic & Eco-Friendly Strollers – 2022 Guide - May 6, 2022
- Easy DIY Upcycled Planters & Seed Starters for Gardening - April 22, 2022