Savory Marjoram Mac n’ Cheese
- 3/4 lb. elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons dairy-free butter
- 1 medium Vidalia onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups dairy-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 4 slices Go Veggie Cheddar Slices
- 4 slices Veggie Mozzarella Slices
- 2 tablespoons Go Veggie Parmesan Cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add flour and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring often. Add dairy-free milk, sea salt and pepper, continue to mix and cook until mixture comes to a boil, approximately 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook for another 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add spinach, red pepper flakes, marjoram and cheeses. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often. Add in cooked macaroni; gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- Top with parmesan cheese.