As we learn more about how to nourish ourselves, I’m happy to share one of my favorite nourishing recipes with you. This Zucchini Tarragon Soup is simple, delicious, and can be served anytime of the year.
Feel free to use bone broth in place of chicken broth if you are looking for more gut-healing and immune system boosting properties.
Zucchini Tarragon Soup
- 4 large zucchini diced and ends trimmed
- 3 cups vegetable chicken, or bone broth
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ small red onion diced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds for garnish
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon or 2 fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Fresh lemon zest for garnish
- Cook zucchini in a medium pot over medium heat with the coconut oil, red onion, sea salt and pepper, until very tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until the soup is warm throughout.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Divide into serving bowls and serve warm with almonds, tarragon and lemon zest for garnish.