Leith Hill, Wisdom Foods CEO and owner of the NYC restaurant Ellary’s Greens offers a delightful and beautiful side dish for this year’s holiday season.
Often called “the world’s greatest food,” sweet potatoes are a delicious source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene). They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B6. Additionally, they are a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, and phosphorus.
Because of their natural sweetness, they are a big hit with all eaters: young and old! And they are a wonderful addition to any family’s table.
Sweet Potato with Pickled Zucchini
- 1 large sweet potato cut in 1” medallions
- 2 oz raw zucchini skin on/unpeeled
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Wash the outside of the sweet potato and scrub it gently to remove any dirt, if necessary.
- Cut raw sweet potato into medallions 1” thick and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake the sweet potato at 350° F for 30 minutes or until tender.
- While sweet potato is baking, thinly slice the zucchini (by hand or on a mandolin), then add the lime juice to the zucchini plus pinch of salt (to taste).
- Once the sweet potato medallions are tender and golden brown, place them on a plate and top with 4-5 slices of pickled zucchini.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and ENJOY!
- Natural Baby Bath & Skin Care Products 2021 Guide - April 6, 2021
- Natural Baby Sleep Aids and Baby Sleep Products 2021 Guide - March 31, 2021
- Eco-Friendly Baby Products: Organic Baby Carriers 2021 Gear Guide - March 23, 2021