Whether your little ones say they don’t like vegetables, or if you’ve just been trying to figure out a way to help your family eat healthier, St. Patrick’s Day is a great opportunity to sneak in some healthy greens that taste good too!
When made with organic ingredients, this smoothie contains essential nutrients to help keep you and your family energized and healthy. The sweetness of the fruity ingredients added to the juice and smoothies creates a flavor that’s appealing to children (and adults too!).
Green smoothies and snacks give people, especially parents, seeking healthy eating options a huge advantage – your family might actually request them as a daily snack.
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 banana
- 2 cups of spinach leaves
- 1 cup water or ice
- Combine all ingredients in a high-quality blender.
- Blend until really smooth, not grainy or chunky or with bits of leaves floating about. It can be thick, as you can always thin with water, but it needs to be smooth. This should take only a couple of minutes.
- Blend until the greens are so pulverized that they are no longer visible other than infusing your smoothie with a beautiful green color.
Latest posts by Green Child Magazine (see all)
- How to Handle Baby’s Fever Without the Worry - March 22, 2017
- Roughhousing & Developmental Play - March 21, 2017
- The Spring 2017 Issue of Green Child Magazine is Here! - February 22, 2017