Grab those gardening gloves. This is the perfect time for unconventional gardening, growing, and greenery. Get inspired by this fun collection of DIY and creative repurposed planter ideas for your home and garden.
Buying brand new planters can be pricey. And if you go the cheap route, you tend to get what you pay for. If you’ve ever bought a cheap resin pot, you probably learned this lesson the next spring when you went to update its flowers, only to find it falling apart.
Not only does it make financial sense to use what you have to plant flowers and grow food, it’s better for the environment. One of the most impactful ways to go green is to use what you have instead of consuming more.
These ideas for upcycling and repurposing can help bring a little nature and beauty to your home or garden – in the most unique ways.
Use kitchen containers
- Teapots & teacups are great for succulents & small flowers.
- Colanders are perfect for hanging & growing flowers or lettuce.
- Lunch boxes are fun, portable, & great for green gifts.
- Recycle broken crockery to grow new life.
- Egg shells are often wasted, but can be used as seed starters & tiny vases.
- Grow directly inside pumpkins! Just add soil & water to grow a new crop.
- We LOVE this rustic planter made from old tree trunks.
Give old furniture a new life
- Remove the seats from chairs or sofas for flower beds.
- Sinks and bathtubs can house flowers or salad gardens.
- Plant flowers in old bicycles or wagons.
- Grow flowering vines in old light fixtures.
Use what you have
- Cans, containers, and jars are perfect for starting seeds & small plants.
- Try these easy upcycled seed starters made with milk cartons.
- Milk jugs are great for hanging plants like tomatoes.
Find what speaks to you and create a garden that is truly one of a kind! We’d love to hear about your repurposed planter ideas. Tell us about them in the comments or tag us on Instagram.
- Eco-Friendly Gifts for the Healthy Home Enthusiast - November 28, 2020
- Oak Meadow: Distance Learning Minus All the Screen Time - November 24, 2020
- Want, Need, Wear, Read Free Printable Holiday Gift Tags - November 22, 2020