Chickpeas are just about always found in the Green Child team kitchens. We add them to everything from chocolate chip cookies to chili. And when it comes to snacking, it’s easy to make healthy choices when you have the right foods on hand.
Loaded with fiber & protein, chickpeas are a nutritious addition to any meal. They’re are also a kid-friendly source of folate and iron.
Just roast them and top with local honey and fresh cinnamon, and you’ve got a yummy snack kids can help make!
Note! These are a great addition to the lunchbox routine!
Honey Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 cans organic chickpeas garbanzo beans, or 4 cups cooked from dried beans
- 2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons local honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a pinch nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse chickpeas, drain, and dry on a towel until excess moisture is absorbed.
- Spread on baking sheet or stone and roast for 45-50 minutes, or until beans are crunchy.
- Immediately toss with oil, honey, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes to caramelize (optional).
- Serve hot or at room temperature or store in an airtight container.
- Serene & Enchanting Mermaid Coloring Pages for Kids - May 24, 2023
- The Benefits of Toddler Climbing Toys + Buying Guide - May 19, 2023
- 3 Steps To a Greener, Kid-Friendly Lawn without Chemicals - April 24, 2023
Great recipe! :))
How long do they last in an airtight container?