While one of our favorite ways to serve zucchini is in noodle form, our families tend to love soup year round. Not sure why, but we even eat chili in the heat of summer.
If you make more than your family wants, you can easily freeze for later. Soups with a milk or cream base will separate during the freezing process, but you can whisk them back to just the right consistency.
Zucchini offers many health benefits, including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, potassium, magnesium, and antioxidants. It can also reduce blood sugar levels, making this creamy zucchini soup a winner all around.
Slow Cooker Creamy Zucchini Soup
- 4 cups diced fresh green zucchini
- 2 cups water
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 1 cup diced fresh mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- salt to taste
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature, cubed
- 1 carrot grated
- 3 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- Dice zucchini (unpeeled)
- In slow cooker, combine zucchini, water, bouillon, onion, garlic, mushrooms, basil, tarragon, pepper, and salt.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove 2 cups of soup and puree in blender with lid ajar so steam can escape. Return puree to slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese, carrot, and parsley. Stir.
- Cook an additional 30 minutes on Low, until cream cheese is melted and soup is heated through.
- Serve with love (and maybe some croutons on top!)
Phyllis Pellman Good is a New York Times bestselling author whose books have sold more than 11 million copies. Good is the author of the nationally acclaimed Fix-It and Forget-It slow-cooker cookbooks, several of which have appeared on the New York Times bestseller list, as well as the bestseller lists of USA Today, Publishers Weekly, and Book Sense.
- 5 Free Mindful Valentine’s Day Coloring Pages for Kids - January 20, 2022
- The Best Non-Toxic Car Seats 2022 Guide - January 5, 2022
- ‘Bioengineered Foods’ Replaces GMO in New U.S. Food Labeling Rules - January 4, 2022