Whether you are hosting a backyard bash or simply want to turn up on a typical summer day with the fam, these summer snacks and charcuterie board ideas are not only tasty but simple to make, too.
Not to mention, most of these platters don’t require any cook time. Talk about summer recipe bonus points!
How to Make a Charcuterie Board
The thought of whipping up a picture-perfect summer snack platter may sound like something that is out of reach. There is nothing wrong with handing over ice pops straight from the box or pulling out an apple sauce packet straight from your pocket. That said, it can be fun to whip up something a little special, especially during the summer months when you aren’t worried about school drop offs, homework, and all the other things that seem to get in the way of having fun.
Here are some charcuterie board assembly tips that will help keep the process pain-free and entertaining for all.
Charcuterie Board Assembly Tips
- Start with a clean board, tray, or even a cookie sheet. Just make sure the surface is clean and flat.
- Look for components with different flavor profiles, think: savory, sweet, and tangy.
- Choose different colored foods (think vibrant fruits and veggies) so the board will be healthy and visually appealing.
- Garnish can be fun, but if young ones are around, be sure that any flowers or finishing touches are edible.
- Map out where you want to place items before diving right in. It can be a good idea to start with larger items, like large cheese wedges or dip bowls first and then build around them.
Summer Snack and Charcuterie Board Ideas
Simple, fun and flavorful. Get ready to impress your family—and yourself—with these unique summer snacks.
- Picnic-Perfect Snack Tray: This summer charcuterie idea subs in a snack tray in place of an actual board. It’s still pretty as a picture and it becomes that much more functional for an outing with kiddos. The BakerMama’s balance of nutritious fruits, veggies, meat and cheese with a few sweet treats mixed in, makes sure there is something for everyone.
2. Charcuterie Cones: Ice cream cones were so last summer. The Platter Girl beautifully presents an elevated, functional take on charcuterie. With these cones you can walk, talk, and snack all at the same time.
3. Kid-friendly Protein Board: This protein board is full of nutritious protein in every form. Carnivores and Vegetarians alike can graze this board and find something to satisfy their sweet tooth, their salty tooth, and fill up on real foods. Find all the ingredients at Weelicious.
4. Mezze-Merizing Snack Time: Talk about a simple, yet impressive charcuterie board for summer. This classic Mezze platter from I Heart Naptime has something for everyone and can be assembled in a matter of minutes.
5. A Slice of Summer: This watermelon pizza from Take Two Tapas could not get any sweeter and makes for a great summer snack for adults and kids alike. Plus, it’s simple to make and requires no cook time.
6. Breakfast Board: Slow summer mornings can make for the best of the best summer moments. While you have a little extra time, cook up something special for the fam like this board from Low Carb Nomad.
7. Movie Night Done Right: Step up your at-home movie night game with Cooking with Amber‘s platter filled with theater snack favorites and more.
8. S’mores Board: If there were a champion of summer desserts it would have to be the S’more. And by default, we feel like Don’t Forget the Champagne‘s S’more’s Board may just be the best charcuterie platter you can make this season.
Share your summer snack creations with us by tagging @greenchildmagazine on your social posts!
- Beyond the 4 Types of Parenting Styles: Should we stop labeling parents? - April 27, 2023
- Gemini Names for Your Air-Sign Baby-to-Be - April 2, 2023
- Finding the Beauty and Power in Doing Less - March 13, 2023
Leave a Reply