With food allergies ever on the rise, gluten free banana bread fits the bill whether you’re trying to make a healthy option for your own family… or if you’re giving it to someone in need.
This is the banana bread recipe Anni Daulter’s family uses every year as part of their holiday giving back. Every winter holiday, they spend time baking breads and treats for the homeless in their city. “It’s wonderful to see my children putting their loving intentions into creating and distributing this offering,” Anni shares.
And we agree wholeheartedly.
Baking is an act of love. And when you give homemade edible gifts, it’s a great way to save money but still show someone how much you care. They also make a nice solution for those people on your list who already have everything.
In this recipe for gluten free banana bread, you’ll find the light, fluffy texture of bread that some grain-free recipes don’t provide. (We love our plantain and banana bread recipe, but it can be a bit dense.)
Gluten Free Holiday Banana Bread
- 2¼ cups Whole Grain Gluten Free Pastry Flour
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking soda
- 2 tsp flaxseed
- 2 tsp wheat germ
- 2 pinches sea salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup raw local honey
- ½ cup whole cane sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 ripe bananas mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a standard 5 x 9 bread pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, flaxseed, wheat germ, salt, and walnuts.
- In another bowl, mix together butter and agave.
- Stir in eggs and bananas until blended.
- Combine banana mixture into flour mixture and stir just until mixed.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour (60 minutes), until edges are golden brown and toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- 8 Halloween Coloring Pages for Adults & Kids - September 19, 2022
- Montessori Floor Beds: 10 Best Options Including DIY - September 10, 2022
- Green Halloween: How to Host a Halloween Costume Swap - September 6, 2022